September signals back to routine and often busier days—don’t forget to fuel up with a good breakfast! Try freezing our Veggie Breakfast Wraps to have on hand for mornings when you are short on time.
Makes 8 Servings
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- 8 eggs
- ½ cup broccoli, chopped small
- ½ cup red peppers, diced small
- 1 Tbsp. green onion, chopped
- ¼ cup cheddar cheese, grated
- ¼ cup milk
- 1 tsp. pepper
- 2 Tbsp. salsa
- 8 whole wheat wraps
- Heat oil in a pan on medium-high heat and add broccoli and peppers.
- Cook for 4 minutes, then add the green onion and salsa.
- In a bowl, combine eggs, pepper and milk, whisk until combined.
- Pour into vegetable pan and cook until eggs are cooked through.
- Sprinkle ½ Tbsp. of cheese into each wrap and pour 1/8th of the egg mixture into each.
- Wrap up tightly and then wrap in plastic wrap.
- Freeze for up to two months.
- To serve, microwave from frozen for 4-6 minutes, turning half way.
Nutritional analysis per serving: 234 calories, 10 g fat, 11 g protein, 27 g carbohydrate (23 g available carbohydrate), 4 g fibre, 416 mg sodium