Cooking and preparing food is an everyday occurrence in most households, so why not try and let your kids help and learn along the way.
Bonus: children are more likely to eat what they help prepare!
Pizza on a Stick
Makes 12 skewers
- 2 whole wheat pita breads, chopped into squares
- ¼ cup turkey peperoni
- ½ cup chicken, cubed and precooked
- ¾ cup small mozzarella balls
- ½ cup cherry tomatoes
- ½ cup red or green peppers, chopped into large chunks
- ½ cup mushrooms
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tsp. oregano
- 1 Tbsp. parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 cup marinara sauce
- 12 wooden skewers, soaked in water
- Heat oven to 400 °F.
- Allow your child to build their own personal skewer, trying to layer as much variety as possible.
- Lay the skewers onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Combine the olive oil, and oregano and brush over the skewers, being sure to put extra onto the pitas so they don’t dry out in the cooking process.
- Sprinkle with parmesan cheese.
- Bake for 6-8 minutes, until veggies are starting to soften and the parmesan cheese is melted.
- While the skewers are cooking, warm up marinara sauce either on the stove or in the microwave.
- Use the marinara sauce as a dip.
- Serve and enjoy!
-From Revive Wellness Inc.-