Turkey Taco Salad
Serves 4 (1 ½ cup Per serving)
- 1 lb. lean ground turkey
- 1 tsp. vegetable oil
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. pepper
- 1 Tbsp. chili powder
- ½ Tbsp. cumin
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. onion powder
- ½ tsp. cayenne (optional)
- 4 cups romaine lettuce, washed and chopped
- 1 can black beans, low sodium, drained and rinsed
- ½ cup frozen corn, thawed
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 avocado, quartered and sliced
- 1 cup cilantro, chopped
- 4 oz. cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 lime juice and zest
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- Heat oil in a pan on medium high heat.
- Add turkey along with salt, pepper, chilli powder, cumin, garlic powder, onion powder and cayenne. Allow to cook until no longer pink.
- While the turkey is cooking, combine lettuce, black beans, corn, tomatoes and mix well. Place into 4 bowls, garnish with ¼ avocado and ¼ cup cilantro.
- Combine lime juice, zest and olive oil in a bowl and mix well. Drizzle over the salad.
- Add 1 oz. cheese per bowl and top with cooked turkey.
- Serve and Enjoy!
Nutritional analysis per serving: 325 calories, 16 g fat, 25 g protein, 23 g carbohydrate (14 g available carbohydrate), 9 g fibre, 119 mg sodium
Created by Revive Wellness Inc.
Now try the SVPT ‘Move of the Month’ on their blog!