Personal Training Purchase Agreement
Welcome to SVPT Fitness & Athletics (“Trainer”) and congratulations on beginning your personal training program! We are delighted you chose us as a part of your commitment to health and fitness. With the help of your personal trainer, you will improve your ability to accomplish your training goals faster, safer, and with maximum benefits. The details of these training sessions can be used for a lifetime.
In order to maximize progress, it is important to follow program guidelines during supervised and (if applicable) unsupervised training days. Remember, exercise and healthy eating are EQUALLY important! The following information will provide you with important program policies. Before getting started, please read and sign this form to acknowledge that you have read and understand the following information.
Personal Training Information and Policies
This Agreement is made and entered by and between the Client and / or Purchaser and Trainer. In consideration of the mutual promises exchanged herein and other good and valuable consideration, the parties agree as follows:
- Commitment: By purchasing Sessions, Client is making a commitment to his/her health. Clients should follow the program and instructions of Trainer to the best of their ability to maximize their results and better achieve their goals. Remember, the ultimate results are up to the Client: Trainer will show Client how to work his muscles correctly and encourage him/her to go to his/her safe limit, but Client is the only one who can make sure he/she works out consistently, eats properly, gets plenty of sleep, and lives a healthy lifestyle.
- Length of Sessions: Sessions will last approximately forty-five (45) to seventy-five (75) minutes, depending on the program type and content. Trainer may opt to vary the length of sessions at his or her discretion.
- Punctuality: Client shall be attired as discussed below and ready to train at the time booked and mutually agreed upon by the Trainer and Client. Failure to be prepared to train may result in a shortened workout or possible cancellation of the Session under paragraph seven (7) below if Client is more than fifteen (15) minutes late. If Client anticipates running late, he/she should contact Trainer as soon as possible via phone, text or e-mail, or the agreed upon method of communication between the Trainer and Client.
- Attire: Client must wear comfortable workout attire, including, but not limited to, clean t-shirts, shorts, tights, training pants, sweats, and/or tracksuits. Athletic shoes must be supportive and functional. Workout gloves are optional. Please do not hesitate to ask Trainer for advice on what type of clothing and shoes is appropriate.
- Stopping Exercises: Client may refuse or stop any exercise for any reason. It is Client’s responsibility to notify Trainer of any discomfort or pain arising from or during exercise, as well as, any and all other known limitations Client has or experiences so that Trainer may accommodate Client and substitute another exercise to work that particular muscle group.
- Payment: Payment may be made to the Trainer or Shara Vigeant in advance of sessions in one lump sum by Visa, Mastercard, Debit, Cheque, Money Order, Cash or E-mail Interac Money Transfer to SVPT Fitness & Athletics. Payment will be made in the amount of the agreed upon amount of sessions between the Trainer and Client, based on the rate sheet provided. Payment plans may be discussed with SHARA VIGEANT only. It is CLIENT’S RESPONSIBILITY to pay his/her bill, even in the event he/she does not receive an invoice. If a client is doing a payment plan, payments must be ahead of sessions used, and not incur arrears (use more sessions than has been paid for. If Client’s payment is more than two weeks overdue, Trainer may suspend Sessions until Client’s outstanding invoice is current.
- Cancellation of Individual Sessions: Twenty-four (24) hour cancellation notice, by phone, text, or e-mail, or the agreed upon method of communication between Trainer and Client, is required for rescheduling or cancelling any and all individual Sessions. Any and all cancellations with less than twenty-four (24) hours notice will result in forfeiture of the Session without refund. If Trainer must cancel a Session, she/he will do so, by phone, text, or e-mail, or the agreed upon method of communication between Trainer and Client, with at least twenty-four (24) hours notice or Client will receive a complimentary Session for his/her inconvenience to be used within thirty (30) days.
- Session Expiry: All Sessions are to be used within THREE (3) MONTHS or ONE (1) MONTH from DATE OF FIRST SESSION, based on specific package purchased. After THREE (3) MONTHS or ONE (1) MONTH, any unused sessions will be forfeited.
- Death or Disability: Should Client become unable to use or receive services under this contract due to death or disability, Client, or Client’s estate as the case may be, shall be liable only for that portion of the charges allocable to the time prior to death or the onset of disability. Trainer requires reasonable evidence of death, e.g. death certificate, or disability, e.g. doctor’s note, to be presented at the time of cancellation. Reasonable evidence includes, but is not limited to, a doctor’s letter about the onset of disability or death certificate.
Waiver and Privacy Agreement
You, the Client, are aware that there are risks associated with participating in sport specific and/or fitness activities and exercise. Your attendance and participation is completely voluntary, and you freely accept and fully assume all responsibility for all risks, and all possibilities of personal injury, illness, death, property damage or loss to yourself or any other person as a result of your attendance at the SVPT Fitness & Athletics facility located at 4456 97 St NW, Edmonton, AB (the “Facility”) and your participation in fitness, sport specific or rehabilitation activities (the “Activities”). You and your heirs, next of kin, executors, administrators and assignees agree:
- To waive claims, known or unknown, that you have or may have in the future against 1715815 Alberta Ltd., SVPT Fitness & Athletics, Shara Vigeant, including their owners, officers, directors, agents, employees, volunteers, business operators, subcontractors, independent contractors and site property owners or lessees (“the Parties”);
- That the Parties are not liable or responsible for any damage to, loss or theft to your property;
- To assume and accept all COVID19 (also known as “Coronavirus”) related risks arising out of your attendance at the Facility and/or participation in the Activities even though such risks may have been caused by the negligence of the Parties;
- To be solely responsible for any COVID-19 related injury, loss or damage which you may sustain while attending the Facility and/or participating in the Activities, even though such injury, loss or damage may have been caused by the negligence of the Parties;
- To hold harmless, indemnify and release the Parties from liability for any and all COVID-19 claims, demands, actions and costs which might arise out of the attendance at the Facility and/or participation in the Activities, even though such claims, demands, actions and costs may have been caused by the negligence of the Parties.
- To release and forever discharge the Parties, from all liability for any personal injury, death, property damage or loss resulting from your participation in the Activities due to any cause, including but not limited to negligence (failure to use such care as a reasonably prudent and careful person would use under similar circumstances), breach of any duty imposed by law, breach of contract or mistake in error of judgment of the Parties; and
- To be liable for and to hold harmless and indemnify the Parties, from all actions, proceedings, claims, damages, costs demands, including court costs on a solicitor and own client basis and liabilities of whatsoever nature or kind arising out of or in any way connected with your participation in the Activities.
I authorize SVPT Fitness & Athletics, and its personal trainers, to correspond with my dieticians, physician, physiotherapist, chiropractor, other fitness trainers, or other healthcare provider to obtain any relevant information related to my physical fitness, sport specific and/or fitness activities, exercise and health.
Please consult your physician prior to starting an exercise or fitness program, and prior to using the SVPT facility!