Have you spotted “noodles” in the produce aisle yet? Beets, sweet potatoes, and zucchinis have all been spiralized into noodle shape for those looking for a lower-carb, or more vegetable-heavy diet.
Asian “Spaghetti” and Meatballs
Makes 4 servings (4 meatballs and ¼ cup noodles per serving)
- 1 lb. ground turkey
- 2 tsp. sesame oil
- 2 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tsp. ginger, minced
- 2 Tbsp. hoisin sauce
- 1 egg
- 2 Tbsp. panko bread crumbs
- 2 Tbsp. low sodium soy sauce
- 4 cups zucchini noodles
- 1 cup red pepper noodles
- 2 Tbsp. all-natural peanut butter
- 1 tsp. chili flakes (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 °F.
- Combine turkey, 1 tsp. sesame oil, 1 clove of garlic, 1 tsp. ginger, 1 Tbsp. hoisin, egg, and the bread crumbs. Mix well and shape into small meatballs.
- Place onto baking sheet lined with parchment paper and bake for 15 minutes.
- While the meatballs are cooking heat the remaining oil in a large wok.
- Add the zucchini noodles, the pepper noodles and allow to cook for 8 minutes, or when they start to soften. Add the remaining garlic, ginger, peanut butter and 1 Tbsp. of soy sauce. Let the noodles continue to cook.
- While the noodles are cooking, and the meatballs are done cooking in the oven, remove the meatballs from the oven and place into a fry pan and cover the meatballs with the remaining soy sauce and hoisin sauce. Allow the sauce to glaze the meatballs.
- Serve the meatballs on top of the noodles and Enjoy!
Nutritional analysis per serving: 331 calories, 18 g fat, 30 g protein, 14 g carbohydrate (11 g available carbohydrate), 3 g fibre, 515 mg sodium
Created by Revive Wellness Inc.
Now try the ‘Move of the Month’ on their blog!