Makes 8 Servings (1 ½ cup per serving)
- 1 lb. chicken, diced
- ½ cup wild rice
- 1 cup carrots, peeled and diced
- 1 cup celery, diced
- 1 cup onion, diced
- 2 cups mushrooms, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ tsp. pepper
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ Tbsp. thyme
- ½ Tbsp. basil
- ½ Tbsp. oregano
- 1 bay leaf
- 6 cups chicken stock, low sodium
- 1 cup 2 % milk
- Combine all ingredients except milk into a slow cooker.
- Cook on low for 8 hours or high for 4.
- Once the time is up and the rice is soft, add the milk and continue to cook for 10 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!
*Make ahead of time and freeze for up to three months.
Nutritional analysis per serving: 132 calories, 2 g fat, 13 g protein, 16 g carbohydrate (13 g available carbohydrate), 3 g fibre, 186 mg sodium