Please take note of our guidelines and protocols in place to keep you and our team safe, so we can continue to help you with your mental and physical health.
You have known SVPT to be a very clean, sanitized space before COVID-19. We want to continue our best practices, but up our game with the following protocols and procedures to protect you and the SVPT team further, as per public health recommendations.
All private, partner and semi-private appointments will continue to be staggered around the hour to control occupancy and traffic to allow for comfortable distancing between patrons.
Upon entry, please be sure to CHECK-IN on the tablet to ensure you are keeping everyone safe by answering the COVID-19 Screening, which includes:
- I confirm that I do NOT have any of the following symptoms: fever, cough, shortness of breath, sore throat, chills, painful swallowing, runny nose, feeling unwell, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, unexplained loss of appetite, loss of sense of taste or smell, or conjunctivitis.
- I confirm that I have NOT come in close or unprotected contact with someone who is ill with cough and/or fever.
- I confirm that I (or anyone in my household) have NOT come in contact, in the last 14 days, with someone who is being investigated or confirmed to be a case of COVID-19
- First and foremost, if you feel ill (even a sniffle!) – DO NOT COME IN. Please do not put the SVPT team and clients at risk.
- We ask that you arrive no earlier than 5-10 minutes before your appointment. If you arrive earlier than 5-10 minutes, please stay in your car. Please limit your stay after your session to 5-10 minutes, and physically distance from everyone in the gym.
- Masks are no longer required. However, if you are welcome to wear a mask if it makes you feel more comfortable. SVPT trainers are no longer required to wear masks but will do so at your request. We will happily oblige and wear a mask for your session if that is what makes you feel safe and comfortable.
- Upon entering the gym, please wash your hands and/or use hand sanitizer provided immediately.
- Please distance yourself from everyone else upon entering the gym, find a spot in the gym or in the small group training room in the back to foam roll and/or warm up.
- If you feel the need to cough or sneeze, please do so into your elbow, then wash or disinfect your hands immediately. Please don’t touch your face.
- Please wash your hands or use hand sanitizer before you leave.
PLEASE keep physical distancing in place as much as possible in common areas. Your trainer will make sure your session is being distanced from others.
Every day at SVPT we will be ensuring that the gym, turf, all equipment, and hard surfaces are cleaned and disinfected to help protect you and our SVPT team. We will be taking these protocols VERY seriously.
With Health Canada approved disinfectant spray and/or wipes we will:
- Disinfect all training equipment and high touch surface areas used with the client in the session immediately after use;
- Disinfect the training area and all hard surfaces immediately after every client session;
- Disinfect bathrooms and/or showers hourly, or more, based on usage; and
- We will be making sure that equipment used during the session will not be shared with other clients.
- Point of Sale device will be disinfected after each sale with Health Canada approved disinfectant wipes.
Any trainers that feel ill and have cold or flu symptoms will not be training clients and staying home and seeking COVID-19 testing. If anyone in the trainer’s close social circle or family are ill, or have symptoms such as cough, sore throat and fever, they will stay home and seek COVID-19 testing.
If at any point during your visit to SVPT you feel unsafe or that our level of sanitization and distancing needs some attention, please reach out to Shara Vigeant IMMEDIATELY – 780-940-4568
We know this new business landscape may be frustrating and overwhelming, but we are going to do our best to make sure everyone feels comfortable and is safe, while following the recommendations of public health to the highest standard.