Please take note of our guidelines and protocols in place to keep you and our team safe, so we can remain open and continue to help you with your mental and physical health.
You have known SVPT to be a very clean, sanitized space before COVID-19. We want to continue our best practices, but up our game with the following protocols and procedures to protect you and the SVPT team further, as per public health recommendations.
All private, partner and semi-private appointments will continue to be staggered to control occupancy and traffic to allow for comfortable distancing between patrons.
Upon entry, please be sure to CHECK-IN on the tablet to ensure you are keeping everyone safe by answering the COVID-19 Screening, which includes:
If you have travelled outside of Canada in the past 14 days, please stay home for 2 weeks and seek COVID-19 testing.
If anyone in your household has travelled outside of Canada in the past 14 days, please stay home for 2 weeks and seek COVID-19 testing.
If you feel ill and have cold or flu symptoms, such as cough, fever, shortness of breath, sore throat, chills, please stay home and seek COVID-19 testing.
If anyone in your close social circle or family are ill, or have symptoms such as cough, sore throat and fever, please stay home and seek COVID-19 testing.
- First and foremost, if you feel ill (even a sniffle!) – DO NOT COME IN. Please do not put the SVPT team and clients at risk.
- We ask that you arrive no earlier than 5-10 minutes before your appointment. If you arrive earlier than 5-10 minutes, please stay in your car. Please limit your stay after your session to 5-10 minutes, and physically distance from everyone in the gym.
- Please wear a mask upon entry and exit, and in common areas such as the bathroom. You can remove your mask for training.
- Upon entering the gym, please wash your hands and/or use hand sanitizer provided immediately.
- Please distance yourself from everyone else upon entering the gym, find a spot in the gym or in the small group training room in the back to foam roll and/or warm up.
- If you feel the need to cough or sneeze, please do so into your elbow, then wash or disinfect your hands immediately. Please don’t touch your face.
- Please wash your hands or use hand sanitizer before you leave, and take all belongings. This includes training shoes, water bottles, and clothing.
PLEASE keep physical distancing in place as much as possible and wash/sanitize your hands.
Every day at SVPT we will be ensuring that the gym, turf, all equipment, and hard surfaces are cleaned and disinfected to help protect you and our SVPT team. We will be taking these protocols VERY seriously.
With Health Canada approved disinfectant spray and/or wipes we will:
- Disinfect all training equipment and high touch surface areas used with the client in the session immediately after use;
- Disinfect the training area and all hard surfaces immediately after every client session;
- Disinfect bathrooms and/or showers hourly, or more, based on usage; and
- We will be making sure that equipment used during the session will not be shared with other clients.
- Point of Sale device will be disinfected after each sale with Health Canada approved disinfectant wipes.
- All personal trainers will wear non-medical masks at all times in the facility.
- Between appointments, trainers will maintain 3 metres physical distance between each other, and between clients.
- No more than 2 trainers in the staff room at once.
- If a trainer is going to travel, he or she will inform you.
We can assure you as well that every SVPT trainer will be following all the protocols above, as well as strict hand hygiene between clients. We need to protect ourselves, so we can protect you.
Any trainers that feel ill and have cold or flu symptoms will not be training clients and staying home and seeking COVID-19 testing. If anyone in the trainer’s close social circle or family are ill, or have symptoms such as cough, sore throat and fever, they will stay home and seek COVID-19 testing.
If at any point during your visit to SVPT you feel unsafe or that our level of sanitization and distancing needs some attention, please reach out to Shara Vigeant IMMEDIATELY – by email or call 780-940-4568
We know this new business landscape may be frustrating and overwhelming, but we are going to do our best to make sure everyone feels comfortable and is safe, while following the recommendations of public health to the highest standard.