Dear SVPT Clients
It’s official! We will be reopening our doors on Monday, June 15, 2020. Gyms have been moved to Phase 2 and are able to reopen on Friday, but we are going to take a few extra days to make sure we have everything right.
While our exceptional personal training will commence business as usual, our practices with in the gym are NOT business as usual.
You have known SVPT to be a very clean, sanitized space before COVID-19. We want to continue our best practices, but up our game with the following protocols and procedures to protect you and the SVPT team further, as per Alberta Health recommendations.
We ask that you please bear with us and be patient as we navigate these new waters in the coming weeks.
Private and partner appointments will be staggered to control occupancy and traffic to allow for proper distancing between patrons.
Semi-Private sessions will return but with limited times, for now.
All classes are on pause until we can figure out a safe manner to conduct them, for now.
If you have travelled outside of Canada in the past 14 days, please stay home for 2 weeks and seek COVID-19 testing.
If anyone in your household has travelled outside of Canada in the past 14 days, please stay home for 2 weeks and seek COVID-19 testing.
If you feel ill and have cold or flu symptoms, such as cough, fever, shortness of breath, sore throat, chills, please stay home and seek COVID-19 testing.
If anyone in your close social circle or family are ill, or have symptoms such as cough, sore throat and fever, please stay home and seek COVID-19 testing.
- We ask that you arrive no earlier than 5-10 minutes before your appointment. If you arrive earlier than 5-10 minutes, please stay in your car. Please limit your stay after your session to 5-10 minutes, and physically distance from everyone in the gym.
- Upon entering the gym, please wash your hands and/or use hand sanitizer provided immediately.
- Please arrive to your session ready to train, in proper training attire.
- We ask that you bring minimal personal belongings and bags into the gym. Lockers will NOT be available, for now.
- Please bring your own towel, and take it home with you. Towel service will not be available. This includes sweat towels, and towels for showers.
- Please bring your own water bottle. Disposable cups for water will no longer be available.
- When refilling your water bottle, please do not crowd the water cooler.
- Only 2 people in the bathrooms at all times. If you are showering, please be quick and do not hang out in the bathroom.
- Clients are NOT required to wear masks but we will have some for you if you feel the need to wear one while in common areas during non-activity.
- Please distance yourself a minimum of 2 metres from everyone else upon entering the gym, find a spot in the gym or in the small group training room in the back to foam roll and/or warm up.
- If you feel the need to cough or sneeze, please do so into your elbow, then wash or disinfect your hands immediately. Please don’t touch your face.
- Please wash your hands or use hand sanitizer before you leave, and take all belongings. This includes training shoes, water bottles, and clothing.
Ultimately we ask you to get in, train and get out. This is the safest practice, FOR NOW.
We know how exciting it’s going to be to see everyone, and see your gym buddies. Sessions will already be spaced out a minimum of 2 metres from other clients, so you won’t be far and you can always say hello and virtually high five each other from afar.
PLEASE keep physical distancing in place as much as possible and wash/sanitize your hands while you are in the gym.
As the weeks go on, and we are able to see how things flow, and based on the public health guidelines, we will ease some of these restrictions, such as locker use.
Every day at SVPT we will be ensuring that the gym, turf, all equipment, and hard surfaces are cleaned and disinfected to help protect you and our SVPT team. We will be taking these protocols VERY seriously.
With Health Canada approved disinfectant spray and/or wipes we will:
- Disinfect all training equipment and high touch surface areas used with the client in the session immediately after use;
- Disinfect the training area and all hard surfaces immediately after every client session; and
- Disinfect bathrooms hourly, or more, based on usage.
- We will be making sure that equipment used during the session will not be shared with other clients.
- Point of Sale device will be disinfected after each sale with Health Canada approved disinfectant wipes.
- All personal trainers will wear non-medical masks for the foreseeable future.
- Between appointments, trainers will maintain physical distance between each other, and between clients and following hand hygiene protocols.
- No more than 2 trainers in the staff room at once.
We can assure you as well that every SVPT trainer will be following all the protocols above, as well as strict hand hygiene between clients. We need to protect ourselves, so we can protect you.
Any trainers that feel ill and have cold or flu symptoms will not be training clients and staying home and seeking COVID-19 testing. If anyone in the trainer’s close social circle or family are ill, or have symptoms such as cough, sore throat and fever, they will stay home and seek COVID-19 testing.
At the end of each business day, the gym will be thoroughly disinfected with Health Canada approved disinfectant wipes and spray.
If at any point during your visit to SVPT you feel unsafe or that our level of sanitization and distancing needs some attention, please reach out to Shara Vigeant IMMEDIATELY – email@example.com or 780-940-4568
We know this new business landscape may be frustrating and overwhelming, but we are going to do our best to make sure everyone feels comfortable and is safe, while following the recommendations of public health to the highest standard.
We are so excited to have everyone back.
Yours in health,
Shara Vigeant, Owner
and SVPT Team: Shawn, Trevor, Ethan, Erica, Cam, Andrew, Brittany, Ryan and Michelle.